• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naoma

What is the name of your state?New York.My wife had an accident about 3 weeks ago.I have full covage on a 93 dodge caravan.The van was totaled out.I have a thousand dollar dec,They only want to pay out 59.00 after the dec .I gone on seval book values plus Ive been in auto parts for 30 years.The market value is 2,675 for exl,2,175 for averageThe van was in mint cond,It can be fixed for 3,250.Should I tell them to go a head and fix it and now its going to cost more for them ?

S

shell007

naoma said:
What is the name of your state?New York.My wife had an accident about 3 weeks ago.I have full covage on a 93 dodge caravan.The van was totaled out.I have a thousand dollar dec,They only want to pay out 59.00 after the dec .I gone on seval book values plus Ive been in auto parts for 30 years.The market value is 2,675 for exl,2,175 for averageThe van was in mint cond,It can be fixed for 3,250.Should I tell them to go a head and fix it and now its going to cost more for them ?
You can't tell them to do anything.

Who decided that the van was totaled?

If the insurance co. made this determination...the insurance co. only has to offer "fair Market value" for the van.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">