• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Damaged by Plow Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fireguynick

My van currently will not start and is henceforth parked in my driveway. I live in a condominium and the association contracts out for snow removal. We recently endured a Blizzard, and when it came time for snow removal, the company asked if they could push my van out of the driveway. I agreed, however I had to leave before they were done plowing the driveway. I left the keys with a member of their crew, with the understanding that my van would be moved safely into my driveway. When I returned, the back door and bumper of my van was all smashed up. Do I have a legitimate reason to try to collect, even though I did give permission to move the van ? Thank you all for your help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Quite possibly under a bailment theory. You had them hold your property for the time being and they were supposed to return it in the same condition.

They should be responsible for paying that amount!

Check your state statutes by going to state resources, state statutes, then click your state and search for bailment. This is at the https://www.freeadvice.com homepage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">