• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Storage on Private Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyweighless

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Almost 2 years ago, someone ask me to store a vehicle on my private property in Florida. She agreed to pay x amount of dollars per day, plus x amount of dollars to move the vehicle to my property. About a month later she informed me that she had called the title company from which she got the car, and told them to come collect the vehicle as she no longer wanted it, or to make the payments for it. The tag was removed, and we have been waiting for them to come collect it since. No one has attempted to contact us to collect the vehicle, and no one has made any attempts to pay us for the storage fees that have been incurred. I have recently been in contact with the title company in an attempt to be compensated for the storage, or for the title so that we may sell the vehicle for compensation. The vehicle is not in great shape. There is front end damage as well as the side mirror is missing. Its estimated value is approximately $2000...What do I need to do in Florida to ensure that we do not get the run around...or get left empty handed?

justalayman

You need to ask the person that contracted with you to pay their debt for the storage and continue paying as long as they leave it at your premises.

justalayman

Sounds like you are headed to court for that part. while you are there seek to have the court order the owner remove the car from your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">