• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal settlements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjcur

i live in texas & myself & 3 daughters were in a 4 car accident. i stopped in line of traffic. the car behind me stopped, the car behind that car didn't. it hit the car behind me, causing it to rear-end my car & push it into the car in front of me. the insurance co. of the driver that made the initial contact took resposibility for the accident. my car is being repaired by that ins. co.. i have been having neck and back pains but i can't afford to see a doctor. the ins. co. has been talking to me about my injuries. ins co. offered a settlement that i felt i had to take in order to see dr. i agreed over the phone with him, but i haven't signed a release yet or received any monies. i think its going to cost more than the settlement amt. for dr. bills. what are my options since i accepted settlement over the phone?

H

hexeliebe

The first thing you do is QUIT TALKING to the insurance company.

And START TALKING to a personal injury attorney. You need to stay out of this and let your attorney handle things. Or do you think THEIR insurance company gives a rat's ass about you or your pain?

O

orependula278

4-car accident

I had a similiar accident in Florida however it involved three cars. See my post for orependula278. No serious injuries, however I have felt some back sprain since the incident. The car that hit me from behind was slammed into by a dodge ram and the driver of the truck has no auto insurance. Did you file a claim against the driver that hit your car?

Thanks,
orependula

cjcur

thank you for the responses. i have stopped talking to their ins. co. my car is still is still being repaired. i tried to see my doctor this morning & the nurse said that my medical ins. wouldn't cover any of the costs & the dr. wouldn't get involved in that. they then sent me out of the office. my question now is: what is the difference between hiring a personal injury lawyer, (do they recommend a dr. to go to?), and going to a clinic? i do not have the finances to pay for the visits on my own. thank you for any more info. that anyone can give me.

H

hexeliebe

A PI will be able to speak for you AND answer all of your questions regarding what you should be doing to prove your damages.

P

Pfaffing85690

And have you spoken with a PI attorney? Let us know what is going on with your situation please.

cjcur

Verbal Settlements

Texas
I have spoken with an attorney. I'll have to let you know at a later date, what's going on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">