• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verify?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cherokee4

This is a general law question...In serving a complaint, what is the purpose behind VERIFICATION????

stephenk

If your complaint is verified (signed under penalty of perjury), all the facts in the complaint are deemed admitted unless the party answering the complaint denies each claim and verifies their answer (signing complaint under penalty of perjury) to the complaint. Any claim under the complaint not specifically denied, is then deemed admitted for the rest of the case.

C

Cherokee4

Thanks Stephenk!

I am answering a verified complaint. It is limited civil and i understand that the response does not have to be verified even if the complaint is (in limited civil). However, If I wanted to go ahead and verify my response, would I simply state, in separate page that I, my name, certify under penalty of perjury, etc...Also the complaint was filed by an out-of-state LLC doing bus in ca. Owns Apt building, but attorney verified indicating because "such party is absent from the aforesaid county, where In have my office. Both the atty and the Building are in the same county. Does anything seem odd to you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">