• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

very minor car accident, advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andy257

Hi

In august I had a very minor shunt into the back of a driving instructors car. This was a very slow speed impact estimated at 1 - 2 mph (I was queuing in traffic and moving very slowly) From inspecting the cars there appeared to be no damage to either car. The driving instructor still wanted my details anyway. I gave them to him. He said that there could be internal damage to the rear bumper and he said he would get it checked out and get back to me by phone over the weekend. HE NEVER DID. I assumed that there was no damage and got on with my life. Today I have received an invoice from his company for the price of £140 for a new bumper, paint and labour. This is 3 moths later. In the letter it states '' We refer to our previous letter'', thing is I never received any letter or phone call.

Now I am in the dilemma whether to pay him or not. Ok I suppose it was my fault because I rolled into him but there was no way any damage at all. Plus it has taken 3 months for them to contact me and they have just gone ahead with the repairs before contacting me.

I could do with some advice and guidance on how to deal with this. It seems obvious what to do but I really feel as though I have been hard done by.

Thank you

andy

united kingdom

K

knotcops

**** U.S. LAW ONLY - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

Read the top of the page.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">