• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VERY possibe the person hit is faking injuries. Can I counter sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tandybock

texas accident...Rear ended someone after a light turned green. Sudden stop due to emergency vehicle going through intersection. (didn't turn on audible siren until right at the intersection) I was not ticketed, person I hit claimed to be in pain. the injured person did not want to stay for police but reluctantly did. My insurance co. is being sued and trying to stay within my limits. Can I privately hire an investigator? I strongly feel as though the person was not injured. If it is found that the person is not injured, can I counter sue? And if I do, will the injured person be responsible for his own attorney or will the same one represent him that is handling his contingency personal injury case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">