• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vicious dog has a vicious owner too

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindaslane

My neighbor (live in GA) has a chow dog that bit my 8yr old while he was walking out their door. The dog was improperly restrained, his tether has attached to the loop in a nylon leash which was attached to the dog's collar! I called animal control and they took the dog for 10 days. It survived. Beginning the morning after the bite, me and my son have been cursed at, threatened and degraded by these idiots. The cannot understand how I could do this to their DOG! They have never apologized nor looked at the 4 puncture wounds (the size of #2 pencil lead) the dog left on my son. Come to find out, the dog has bitten 3 other neighbor children and none of the parents reported it since they were not as severe as my son's injury. Now, they have plead not guilty over the 2 citiations (dog bite and improper restraint) and we have a jury trial. What do this mean?
It's been so I bad I had to call police due to threats to knock my teeth out and them shouting to my son they could care less about that ba----d son of mine, they might have to kill the DOG! I am going directly thru their homeowners for the claim. The Dr's bill was only $52.00 and he gave me free antibiotics. My son couldn't sit on the commode for two wks (2 punctures were on the back of the thigh near the buttocks and 2 were on the lower calf) and we have felt we have been prisoners on our own home due to verbal attacks from them when we do come out. Then the assault issue. Now animal control is being called by someone on all the dogs running without a leash and these people are telling the other people WE have been calling them! What,beside the actual out of pocket monies, can I sue for? I think pain and suffering and harassment but am not sure. What would be a fair amount for a claim -$5k,$10k ? I have pic's of the bites, how the dogs are tied out to 2 feet from the street, and how they walk 2 chows at one time and cannot control the one that's vicious.

Many thanks!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It would be your son's pain and suffering, not yours.
If you feel that threatened, get a temporary restraining order against them.

Otherwise, what you ask for and what court will grant most likely will be two different amounts. Are you planning on going to small claims or suing in civil court? If civil court, might want to hire an attorney. try http://www.attorneypages.com

if suing in small claims, check your jurisdiction's amount at the link I will give you. For Georgia it is $5,000

https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/smallclaimscourts.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">