• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of an accident denied med care by police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazelBazel

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This just happened this weekend. A friend and his family were house hunting in OKC. Passing through an intersection, my friend was hit by a vehicle that ran a stop light due to what appeared to be a pursuit by the police (two police cars were chasing the car without lights or sirens). My friend was broadsided. His wife and children were sent to the emergency room, but he was not allowed to go, despite the fact that he obtained a deep gash to the forehead. The driver in the other vehicle was also sent the hospital. My friend asked if he could get his personal effects from the vehicle and the police officer told him we was not allowed to enter the vehicle. The police officers then gave him a piece of paper (which did not have either police officers name on it) and left. They left him on the side of the road!! Something sounds VERY wrong here. My friend is Hispanic and although he understands English very well, he doesn't speak it well. He is very concerned and feels as if he was poorly mistreated by the police. What can he do about this? Is there any legal recourse? Thank you for any information you may have.

HazelBazel

He asked if he could go to the hospital and he was told "no" because he needed to answer questions for the police.

JETX

Clearly, FAR more to this story than is being told.
Beyond it simply being beyond belief, why would the police 'allow' everyone else to be transported, but not this one person??

seniorjudge

HazelBazel said:
He asked if he could go to the hospital and he was told "no" because he needed to answer questions for the police.
Please post back when you want to give us the rest of the story. Thank you.

HazelBazel

If I knew more I would say more. My friend came in this morning, all banged up and on the verge of tears because he was so frustrated. I asked him over and over about the details and says exactly what I typed in the post. He says it all happened so fast and he was worried about his wife and kids. He has contacted an attorney because he truly feels victimized. I was just asking if anyone knew of any options or if anyone has even heard of anything so absurd! I wasn't blowing smoke up anyones ass and I certainly wasn't hiding information. I have nothing to gain or lose by posting here.

seniorjudge

HazelBazel said:
If I knew more I would say more. My friend came in this morning, all banged up and on the verge of tears because he was so frustrated. I asked him over and over about the details and says exactly what I typed in the post. He says it all happened so fast and he was worried about his wife and kids. He has contacted an attorney because he truly feels victimized. I was just asking if anyone knew of any options or if anyone has even heard of anything so absurd! I wasn't blowing smoke up anyones ass and I certainly wasn't hiding information. I have nothing to gain or lose by posting here.
Methinks your friend has not shared all the facts.

HazelBazel

Well, I won't deny that what you say is possible. But what if these are all the facts? What if this happened just as he says? Where would one start legal proceedings on a case like this?

seniorjudge

HazelBazel said:
Well, I won't deny that what you say is possible. But what if these are all the facts? What if this happened just as he says? Where would one start legal proceedings on a case like this?
I can't answer hypothetical questions.

panzertanker

seniorjudge said:
Methinks your friend has not shared all the facts.
Me thinks the friend is not in the United States legally.
That is one of the only reasons I could think of... or that he does not comprehend English as well as you think, and there was a misunderstanding.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">