• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael95

What is the name of your state? FL

While I was working, my vehicle was hit in the parking lot. The company does not have security cameras for the parking lots. The parking area for the employees is also open to the public and is badly lit. I didn't even notice the severity of the damage until the next day. The manager of the company said there was nothing that could be done because he said it was a public parking lot. The parking lot is only for the company I work for. There were no witnesses to the accident but there was a witness that my vehicle was fine when I came to work and damaged when it was time to leave. The police said I had to fill out a blue form for the accident. My insurance does not cover collision damage. Is the company liable for the accident? If not, what are my options?

teflon_jones

You're stuck with the bill since you have no record of the car that hit you. Your company isn't liable. Sorry! How bad is the damage?

Michael95

The front driver's side fender is dented in, its scratched all the way acrossed the driver's side to the end of the door, and the mirror was broken off. All I know is it had to have been a truck since my mirror is broken, and it had to be blue because there's blue paint all down the side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">