• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"wage loss" for kids missing school due to car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whl

What is the name of your state? MA

My son, 14 yrs old, was hit by a left turn car at crosswalk. His bones at an ankel were broken and he has laid down on bed for two weeks. I think the first hard thing for him is the pain and suffer and the second is his loss for school, which is related to his future. Any person knows how to calculate this kind of loss like wage loss?

fairisfair

he gets paid for going to school???

I am quite certain that the school will make arrangements for him to receive his assignments so that his educational life will not be permanently scarred by his two week absence. :rolleyes:

I assume that you have hired a personal injury attorney to represent your son?

alnorth

Forget it, he probably has the opportunity to make up school work. If he doesnt take advantage of that opportunity and gets a bad grade because of it, that's his problem. If this was a college class where you had to drop a course or something, the other person MIGHT be responsible for the tuition of that class MAYBE. In this situation, you are stretching it a bit.

Focus on medical bills and the Pain & Suffering.

las365

You should definitely seek legal advice for your son to make sure that his past and any potential future medical needs and future damages due to permanent disability, if any, are addressed in settling his claim. I'm pretty sure there are particular medical issues with teenagers and broken bones having to do with growth plates and other technical medical stuff. (heh, I'm not a lawyer or a doctor).

I'm not saying a lawyer will know about the medical needs, but s/he should know how to investigate the claim to gather all of the information needed to make a demand that is sufficient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">