• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waht do we do now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dispmimi

Illinois-My husband was working on a busy road flagging for oncoming traffic for the tree removal service he works for. He was struck by a motorist who decided too late that he was going to stop for oncoming traffic. My husband jumped partially out of the way to avoid major injury, however obtained minor injuries to his knee,ankle and 2 fingers. None of the injuries were severe, they haven't yet determined the extent of a couple of them. The doctor who saw him told his manager (who took him to the medical center) that he was to be off work until seen by the dr again 5 days later. On the next working day (4 days later) he was instructed to go back to his duty of flagging traffic (he usually trims trees) When he saw the doctor on Tues, he was put on light duty for 3 wks, he is still flagging which causes pain in his knee, however he is afraid to say anything to his boss for fear of loosing his job. (his company just celebrated 2,000,000 man hours-no lost time for injury-they just fire anyone hurt) His manager told him the other day that the man's insurance co called his employer asking to speak to my husband-the company refused them. I feel we should seek a personal injury lawyer,am I correct? Also, what precautions should we take as far as talking to the other man's insurance co? Thanks for the advise!

HomeGuru

A PI attorney is the correct answer. The knee pain needs to be diagnosed further. Do not talk to the other insurance company and refer all calls to your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">