• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WANT INFO ON MY INHERITENCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SADIE HAWK

MY AUNT DIED IN 1997 WITH NO WILL. HER SISTER AND I ARE EQUAL HEIRS. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT MY DECEASED AUNT'S ASSETS ARE?CAN I GAIN ACCESS TO HER INCOME TAX RETURNS? THE OTHER HEIR ( MY OTHER AUNT) WILL NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION.

C

cdcard

Dear Sadie Hawk:
Do you realize you've posted a probate request under the topic of "accident"? You're more likely to get an accurate response by re-posting under the topic "estate planning". FYI: If your relative died without writing a will, you're in luck; the state in which she died wrote one for her. Take a look at the Probate Code of that state by going to https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/statelaws.htm. Good luck to you.
Very truly yours,
cdcard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">