• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Western Express Trucking Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state? PA

I have a truck who was parked on a private lot. It had minor damage that would have cost us approximately $300 to repair. well, one of the drivers of the above named company entered the lot (he was not permitted in there) and made a U turn. well he proceeded to hit my truck twice and cause more damage. This was all caught on video. I sent pictures of my truck as well as a copy of the video and now the trucking company is telling me they will only reimburse me $300 on the new damage to my truck. the damaged caused by this company comes to about $1,000 i asked for their insurance company and they told me they are self insured. (that is hard to believe for a major US trucking company who is based all on the east coast. I do not want to report it to my company and have a claim against my insurance company, let alone have my rates go up. the man was rude and so forth let alone his driver drove off and did not file a report until I called them. What do I do now? I have called and left a message for the president of the company but have a feeling these people are going to be difficult. i have pictures and video. do I report it for a hit and run even though it was 1 week since the accident? do i report the driver to the DOT? i am lost and not willing to take $300 since the damage to replace or fix what they did.

momm2500

do you suggest that is the way to go? i am not familiar with how to go about it. can someone advise me on what i need to do? that might be a problem since i am in PA and the company is based in Nashville, TN
do you think they might give in instead of the expense of flying someone to PA to go to court? it would probably cost them more to fight the case then to just out right pay me

Last edited:

ecmst12

Your rates will not go up because your car was hit while parked. There is no possible way you could ever be at fault. If you use your own coverage, they will go after the at-fault party for you and have much more clout then you do on your own.

ecmst12

No fault refers to injuries. You were not injured since you were not in the car, so that has nothing to do with it.

fjk4573

dear mom

i used to work for them as a driver many years ago when they first started their flatbed division. the only way to get to them is thru a lawyer. they are self insured but thats becouse the goverment allows them as long as they pay the claims against them. with a lawyer you will be able to pressure on them and also notify dot for pa they love freebies like that to pt pressure on companies to comply. wish you the best of luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">