• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what action can I take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctchic

I live in Connecticut and I was rear ended in early January. It was a brand new car I had purchased in Sept. 2000, and considerable damage was done to it. I had the car towed to one auto body shop, had them estimate it, but was not happy with their work. So I had it picked up by another shop, but when he found it, the car was all taken apart. The old auto body shop said it was standard procedure to take the car apart to give it a proper estimate, but I could not see the reason for further damage to be done to the car. Therefore, the maintenance took twice as long as it should have and I just got it back today, and I'm still not happy with the job that was done.

My car was bought brand new and when I left my house on the night of the accident, it was in perfect condition. I expected to receive it in the same condition...but obviously that has not happened. So I am looking to see what type of legal recourse I can take even though it is two months later whether it be towards the woman who hit me, her insurance company, or the auto shop that did the further damage. It is a $23,000 car and it looks awful.

Also, I was injured in the accident, and at the time did not think anything of it. I went to the doctor's the day after the accident, and then for a follow up...but I never thought to take action. In the time since the accident, I have had reoccuring pain in my back and it has started to effect some of my activities. Is there still time to take action against this woman, or are there time limits?

Please let me know before I lose more time. Thank you.

CTChic

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">