• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are air bags for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brandynicole

I drive a 2000 mustang coupe. Friday, May 25, 2001, I rear ended a semi truck going 25-30 moh on Interstate 10 in Houston, Texas. There is severe damage to the front end of car more so on driver's side because of the angle I hit. At impact neither driver nor pasenger side air bags deployed sending me into steering wheel. Also the seat belt did not lock until I had already hit steering wheel, jerking me back into my seat further injuring my back. I do not have life threatening injuries but I would like to know if there is anything that I can do about the air bags. What are they for if not to atleast protect drivers from MVAs that involve severe frontal damages? Is an 18-wheeler not enough impact? Please help.

TCB4U2B2B

Hello brandynicole

If the front bumper of your vehicle did not come into direct contact with the truck, or hit hard enough, the air bags will not deploy. The impact sensors are located behind the front bumper.

Have them inspected while vehicles is in the repair shop prio to any repairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">