• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What am I able to ask for? 1st wreck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scmap8

What is the name of your state?Georgia
I was just auto accident on 11/26/04. I was pulling into a parken space when another car backed out and hit me in my rear side. I am college student and work from home. Since the accident, I have not been able to attend school or work due to the pain and the med.'s that the emerg.room had put me on. I also have finials this week and I was told that I have to still take them even on my med.'s. Help, what will I do? I feel I will fail the test because I have not been able to study well and it is hard to concentrate. Can I sue the person and the insurance company? I will have to repay and retake the classes over if I fail my finals. I also would like to know what is the asking price in an accident like this one. My mini. dog was in the car with me he is only 10lbs, he was also injured. PLEASE HELP!!!! This is my first wreck.

ALawyer

First, it is not at all clear to me exactly who was at fault -- if you were at least 50% to blame you may not have a case at all, other than to collect any medical expenses under your auto policy medical coverage, and for property damage under your collision coverage.

If it is likely the other guy was at fault, or primarily at fault, then the issue is whether Georgia is a no fault state (I am NOT a GA lawyer), and if so, what the GA threshold is for you to be able to seek liability for pain and suffering. If your injury is more than trivial, see a lawyer NOW. The lawyer will handle it for you. And you won't pay the lawyer any fee until the matter is settled and you collect.

As far as the school goes, that's nothing a lawyer can really help you with. Get a letter from the doctor explaining the situation, detailing WHY you can't take the test, or at least why you could not study for it. Hope the profesor believes you, and if not appeal to the dean. As far as your dog goes, dogs are considerd property and while you could make a claim for loss of value of your property, and maybe vet bills, I never heard of a dog suing for pain and suffering type damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">