• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What am I paying for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dandt

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was involved in an auto accident in October and the other driver was cited.

The insurance company for the other driver accepted full responsibility.
Before they did, my insurance opened a claim for me and I was contacted by an adjuster, but when the other drivers insurance company accepted responsibility, I basically never heard from my company again.

The claim is still open and has not been settled. I was discharged from my doc the end of November.

My question is: What is my insurance company suppose to be doing for me?
I feel like I'm on my own with this unless I hire an attorney. Do they contact the other insurance provider to facilitate an expedited claim resolution?

teflon_jones

Two months is not an unreasonable amount of time for a settlement. Send a letter to your insurance company CMRRR (certified return receipt) asking for a status of your claim and an expected resolution date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">