• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is this borrower libel for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

traveling mom

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Recently, someone borrowed my sons vehicle without his knowledge. The borrower had an accident, and was arrested for dui and reckless operation. The borrower is in jail, my sons vehicle is damaged, is unusable and is in the tow wreckers yard. My son has only liability coverage on his vehicle. The borrower has insurance coverage on his own vehicle. Which coverage of the borrowers policy, if any,......

1. provide a rental vehicle for my son while he is out of transportation ?
2. pay for getting my son's car out of the wrecker yard ?
3. pay repairing or replacing my sons vehicle ?

seniorjudge

traveling mom said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Recently, someone borrowed my sons vehicle without his knowledge. The borrower had an accident, and was arrested for dui and reckless operation. The borrower is in jail, my sons vehicle is damaged, is unusable and is in the tow wreckers yard. My son has only liability coverage on his vehicle. The borrower has insurance coverage on his own vehicle. Which coverage of the borrowers policy, if any,......

1. provide a rental vehicle for my son while he is out of transportation ?
2. pay for getting my son's car out of the wrecker yard ?
3. pay repairing or replacing my sons vehicle ?
Your son needs to sue whoever it was who did this to him.

First off you will want to make sure this vehicle was taken without permission. You will want to pin down these questions:

Where were the keys to the vehicle and how did the driver obtain them?
Did your son specifically tell this driver that he did not have permission?
If the driver took the car without permission why was theft not reported?
What were the circumstances surrounding the period of time when the driver took the car? (ex. At a party, your son was drunk or driver drunk?)

Then you will want to present a claim to the "borrowers" insurance company for the damage to the vehicle. The other insurance company will complete an investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">