• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luchiano

what can happen? please help!!!

Florida
I was involved in an accident in which I hit a car from behind. The driver of the other car did not have any damage done to his car and I did not either; only the fact that when the driver of the car i hit tried to get out and his door was jammed from opening it inside. The driver said it worked the morning just before the accident. He did not ask for any insurance info, license info, etc... but I gave him my name and number. What can be done about this?

Last edited:

JETX

"What can be done about this?"
*** Least case: Nothing
Worst case: he claims that you hit him and fled the scene. Police AND his insurance company pursue you.
Or anything in between.

L

luchiano

what can happen II

how can he claim a hit and run if he took my name and cell #? Then with no damage done to either cars how can he prove that the door really did work prior to the accident. Dont you need a police report at the event of the accident and not after concenting to no information exchange?

PS. thank you for your response.

Last edited:

JETX

You asked "What can be done", which is obviously a VERY vague question..... so I gave you everything from the least to the worse that could happen to you. I never said that ANY of them were likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">