• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chiles

What is the name of your state? Delaware

On Feb. 7th, 2003 @ 1:30am I was driving home 20mph because the Route 13 N was really messed up. It had snowed that night and was still snowing. My trip from point A to B should have only taking 30mins, but the road was bad, unclear full of snow and slush. I couln't even see the white line. Unfortunately I had an accident. Going down this hill on the snowy, slushie, icey road my car slipped and spun and hit the guard rail.
Can I sue the state of Delaware for my damages to my car as a result of not clear the roads. There were no plow trucks insite and it has been snow ever since 8:00pm. There was no effort to clear the roads. How about it. Do I have a case or what?

HomeGuru

chiles said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware

On Feb. 7th, 2003 @ 1:30am I was driving home 20mph because the Route 13 N was really messed up. It had snowed that night and was still snowing. My trip from point A to B should have only taking 30mins, but the road was bad, unclear full of snow and slush. I couln't even see the white line. Unfortunately I had an accident. Going down this hill on the snowy, slushie, icey road my car slipped and spun and hit the guard rail.
Can I sue the state of Delaware for my damages to my car as a result of not clear the roads. There were no plow trucks insite and it has been snow ever since 8:00pm. There was no effort to clear the roads. How about it. Do I have a case or what?

**A: you have no case.

kat1963

Having lived in Bear for a little while, it's pretty common knowledge that Delaware only has one snow plow...

(it's a joke of course..yet I seriously suspect there is some truth behind it)

KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">