• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do ? Shut up and do nothing ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rejected

Ok here's the scoop ,
Jan 1998 I was hurt on the job , Feb 1998 I went in for a left lumbar NNP , after the surgery I still had pain and felt I still had a problem , I was sent to get a MRI and was told nothing was wrong by the doctor so I finished the PT and was told I had lost 11% of my back and released . I did get a lawyer and settled out of court with the WC . I had to take a different job field and was unhappy with it . I started looking around for a new job and Went to see the Navy about a job and Education . I let them know about the surgery and they got all the medial information on it , I took the physical and passed everything but was told I was not accepted cause of the Lumbar Surgery . The doctor told me that I should apply for a waiver , I did that and I was called back to the MEPPS center for a Ortho Consult . I took off work and went to MEPPS , they took X-rays of my Complete spine & neck , then the Person told me he misread the doctors hand writing and told me he took to many x-rays , they only wanted my lower back taken . I then was taken to the ortho doctor ( Non-Military). He pulled me in asked a few questions about the injury , past pain and about the surgery , I told him everything while he looked at the x-ray .Then he left the room to write his out his Consult . He came back in and handed me the X-ray folder and a sheet of paper and told me that's it . I went back and they sent it off . The waiver came back as disapproval . That sums up most of it .

My Question

Is it legal for the doctor to not tell you what is going on while your on a consult ?
I am starting to think my back wasn't fixed and there was a problem that the ortho doctor saw . Is it fair for them to not tell you if there is a problem ?Now I cant even get any of the medical information from the military as to why I was refused a waiver .They just give me a sheet of paper that says Disapproved for a Waiver (That I had to go above the Recruiters Office to get because after being rejected I was no longer good enough for them to give me any help ) . Is this the way our Government Operates. Should I have been told by the doctor if there was a problem ? I was told by the recuiter I would get a copy of everything , Shouldnt I beable to get a copy of the Records & Ortho Visit ?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer to you is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

I think that perhaps you are having something hidden from you. What you need to do, instead of this whole jumping around thing, is to contact the American Medical Association for steps they take to do internal investigations of surgeons and doctors, then I suggest reading the information entitled Malpractice Law under the main heading Personal Injury at Freeadvice.com.

THen I suggest contacting a medmalpractice atty at attorneypages.com. You have a right to know your medical history, including test results and specifics. What an attorney will do or the AMA, will subpoena your medical records to determine just exactly what happened. Then there will be outside experts to come in and issue their own evaluation, which means you may have to go through this exam process again.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">