• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lollie00

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I was in a car accident in August of 2003. My car was totaled. I recieved back and neck injuries. I went to a physical therapist. I am feeling fine now. My insurance company at that time, sent me money to replace my car. My insurance company had told me and sent me letters stating not to discuss the matter with the insurance company at fault so I didn't. Months went by. My medical bills, towing bill and my lost wages were still not paid. I called my insurance company and they told me that my case was closed in December of 2003. I said how can that be when I haven't been paid my lost wages and the medical bills. They didn't even pay for the towing which they said they would on the day I contacted them when I had my accident. They even told me since the accident was not my fault, I would get my 500 deductible back. She apologized and reopened the case. Then calls me back the same day and says that I am suppose to call the other insurance company on my own and get them to pay up. I have switched insurance companies. I wasn't happy at all with their service and on top of it all, they sent us a bill for almost 400 dollars 7 months after we left them. the bill even went to collections. my husband called them serveral times. they said they would fix it but never did. Now for the past serveral months, I have been trying to get this settled from the insurance company at fault. I sent them copies of everything they had asked for but still, no phone call from them. nothing at all. How long is this suppose to take? It's been well over a year and I think I have waited long enough. My husband was in an accident awhile back ago with his motorcycle. His insurance company was on the ball and was settled within 2 weeks. Is this suppose to take this long? I just want this to be over with and done. What should I do? still wait? Everytime I call, I have to leave a msg. I just feel like I am being put off.

R

Raisinette

Insurance Commissioner Complaint

Lollie, try this. You can do it online. It often serves to get the errant insurance company going -- in the right direction. These complaints are an enormous bother for them to respond to. (I know; I used to work for an insurance company.)

http://www.insurance.wa.gov/consumers/complaint.asp

I would, if I were you, try to be very clear & organized in what you are detailing that you need, per your insurance contract & coverage, done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">