• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ravendrkwolf

I live in Texas and about 5 months ago I was intering the turning lane and was hit by a pickup truck driven by a teenager. He promised that his insurance would pay for all my damages but they denied the claim, based on the teenagers version of the accident. I called my insurance company to fix my car, however they advised me the policy had cancelled, I had been late on a payment and when I made the payment, I was under the impression It was still active. I did start a new policy directly afterwards, and due to my fincance company has collateral damage insurance on my car, they paid to fix the damage. The truck that hit my car had "no" damage, however I just got a letter from what seems like a lawyer addressed to the department of safty requesting my lisence and car tags be revoked due to the "damages" the other car saposedly incurred. THis is the first time I am hearing of any damages, and I believe they wrecked the truck later, and they are now attempting to get 1999.00 from me. They hadnt contacted me before, and this is all a sudden surprise. My entire side panel was crushed and that was 2000.00. I have a 98 taurus and they had a early model Pick up truck. Can they have my lisense revoked by request like that, or are they just trying to scare me into setteling. Neither partys received a ticket by the police. thanks...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">