• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Do I Do About My Car????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StangBang94

New Jersey

I was involved in an accident on Monday. I was driving down the road in my mustang doing about 40 mph (in a 40mph zone) and a woman in a durango pulled out of a parking lot and right infront of me. When she saw me she instantly stopped (blocking my entire lane). I then slammed on the brakes and started skidding. I turned to avoid her and just missed her bumper and went right into a telephone pole. The front of my car is messed up pretty bad. Now I don't have collision insurance and I heard that by the time the new parts were purchased, painted and installed it could cost nearly $6,000!
Isn't this lady at fault for this accident and can't I get her insurance company to pay for what happened to my car??
I have yet been able to get the accident report because of the long holiday weekend it won't be available until monday. But I've been very distraught over this. I wasn't injured at all but Im very concerned with this financially. I'm 18 years old and I cannot afford to pay that much money to fix my car, especially for something that I didn't even cause..
What can be done???

JETX

Presumably, you obtained her insurance information at the scene, correct?? If so, then contact her insurance company and file a claim.

S

StangBang94

I didnt obtain any information from her at the scene. The police did show up and they told me to stay in one spot the whole time, while they spoke to her and while they spoke to me. I would assume that the information would be available on the accident report, right?

JETX

Yes, it should be on the report..... and you better hope that the report substantiates your claim of her fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">