• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Do I do? Part II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kemcho

My insurance company has sent me a letter stating

1. There is a claim against the policy.
2. Have my personal attorney associate with them if I wish
3. Inform excess insurer about the claim
4. Send them a letter acknowledging the above handling of the matter.

I am not sure Why they sent me this letter? and Should I reply to them and send a signed copy of the letter or not?

please advice.

Kem Cho

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kemcho said:
My insurance company has sent me a letter stating

1. There is a claim against the policy.
2. Have my personal attorney associate with them if I wish
3. Inform excess insurer about the claim
4. Send them a letter acknowledging the above handling of the matter.

I am not sure Why they sent me this letter? and Should I reply to them and send a signed copy of the letter or not?

please advice.

Kem Cho
My response:

What was the problem with my previous response to you ? You didn't understand it ?

Obviously, someone is making a claim against you, and your insurance policy.

If you're not "sure" what is happening to you, I can only suggest that you call your insurance company to find out the specifics. Call the telephone number on the letter and ask for the person that signed the letter.

Let me know what they say.

IAAL

K

kemcho

What do I do? Part II

There was no problem with your previous reply. Thanx again for the same. I was just curious whether it is usual for the insurance company to send a letter like this ? And is there any problem if I send them the signed copy of their letter to me?

Kem cho

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: What do I do? Part II

kemcho said:
There was no problem with your previous reply. Thanx again for the same. I was just curious whether it is usual for the insurance company to send a letter like this ? And is there any problem if I send them the signed copy of their letter to me?

Kem cho
My response:

Please, call your insurance company and ask, because I don't want to tell you anything that may interfere with your policy responsibilities, rights, duties, or your insurance company's potential defense of the claim against you.

Thanks for writing.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">