• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do / not do first

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

willetcreek2

What is the name of your state? NJ

My son just suffered what appears to be a concussion from something falling on him while in a restaurant chain. The hospital sent him home after a CAT scan with some instructions for us to monitor him even though he seems very sleepy and vomited a couple of times. I will be seeking further medical assistance to ensure that he is OK but if anything further develops I want to be sure that I do what's necessary now (legally and medically) to ensure I'm covered financially in the event of complications. The chain said they were going to fill out a claim for us, not sure what that means or what the claim represents. Not sure if my signing something will be involved either. I guess my question is whether there is anything I should do (or not do) immediately (besides getting my son to a good doctor) like take a picture of the thing that fell on him, get or not get this claim, get a lawyer, etc.

Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racer72 said:

"The first thing you should do is talk to a personal injury attorney."

==================================

My response:

No, no, no, Racer!

C'mon, Racer, you know better than that. The first thing she should do is get on her computer to find a "legal site", then ask her question, and to have someone tell her, and to give her permission, to do what she already knew to do.

That's what she should do first.

Next time, Racer, give out better information - - okay?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racer72 said:
"IAAL, I am humbled. Forgive me for my errors."

=====================================

My response:

You are forgiven, my Son. Say 3 "Hail Mary's", 4 "Lord's Prayers", and do your penance before you go home tonight. Go forth, and sin no more.

The Lord's Prayer:

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

The Hail Mary:

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Next post, we discuss "Venial Sin" and "Limbo."

Your buddy,

Father IAAL

Last edited:
W

Willetcreek

If I were sure what to do, I wouldn't have asked for advice. Seems useless to have a site claiming free legal advice where the only advice is to go elsewhere for legal advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Willetcreek said:
"If I were sure what to do, I wouldn't have asked for advice. Seems useless to have a site claiming free legal advice where the only advice is to go elsewhere for legal advice."

================================

My response:

Some people just don't have a sense of humor . . .

And, can you please explain who said to you "to go elsewhere for legal advice"?

IAAL

stephenk

"I guess my question is whether there is anything I should do (or not do) immediately (besides getting my son to a good doctor) like take a picture of the thing that fell on him, get or not get this claim, get a lawyer, etc."

Racer merely advised you to do what you asked in the first place - "get a lawyer".

W

Wolfster

Ummmmmmmmmmm

I think they where talking about loud mouth there steph,you know the dork that knows all.Ihave read 3 post like that sense I came here to get my advice,...aka badgering.I am glad to know I ma notthe only one who thinks this site is a joke,...well the site ins't but always is,........some people can't take a joke,....is this a joke site,...well pardon the h3ll out of me,...I thought it was an advice site.You need to quit taking up for the h0m0,steph.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Ummmmmmmmmmm

Wolfster said:
I think they where talking about loud mouth there steph,you know the dork that knows all.Ihave read 3 post like that sense I came here to get my advice,...aka badgering.I am glad to know I ma notthe only one who thinks this site is a joke,...well the site ins't but always is,........some people can't take a joke,....is this a joke site,...well pardon the h3ll out of me,...I thought it was an advice site.You need to quit taking up for the h0m0,steph.

My response:

Don't take Wolfster seriously. He came here asking about whether it was legal to have sex with his mother. In his State, Tennessee, it is. There's a Hillbilly population that wouldn't exist if it was illegal.

Wolfster wears Bib overalls with one strap down, a straw hat, and is barefoot.

His favorite word is "yup".

IAAL

W

Wolfster

don't take always seriously......

He just came here to make sure his boyfriend couldn't sue for lack of anal penitration.he is from Cali ,you know?And I heard a pet store was taking him to court,...didn't hear all the story ,just know it had something to do with a bunch of missing gerbails.You do the math.

right back atcha,
keep em coming dork,
go titans,
see ya in arizona bay,
Wolfster

T

Thomas234

Willetcreek2... I am not in a position to offer any legal advice, which is what you seem to be looking for. But, more importantly is the care that you son receives following this injury. Vomitting and being sleepy are certainly the results of a concussion, but any type of head injuury is a very serious matter.

First, your son does not need to see a "good doctor" he should see a neurologist who is experienced with traumatic brain injury (TBI). Does he have any of these symptoms?

Problems with balance
vision problems (double or blurred vision)
memory problems
difficulty concentrating
unexplained fatigue
headaches (migraines)
just not "feeling right"

TBI is an often overlooked and misunderstood injury by both the medical AND legal community. First see a neurologist who understands TBI, and second (if necessary) see an attorney who specializes in TBI not just general personal injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">