• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do when an employee threatens you.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dustyrox

I went to a baseball game in California. MBNA, the credit card company, was offering promotional merchandise to sign up for their credit card. An employee became angry when I told him to get away from me and shoved something in my face. I complained to the people at the MBNA booth and he came over, cursed at me, and threatened me. I wrote the team owners and MBNA and complained. I have season tickets and am an MBNA customer. They sent me a generic letter of apology but I was expecting more i.e. a personal call, small compensation (tickets). They aren't returning my calls. I'm angry that this wasn't given more attention. Do I have any recourse for this incident?

[This message has been edited by dustyrox (edited November 01, 2000).]

ALawyer

Don't expect human understanding or compassion from a large faceless corporation.

You could sue the assaulter. But that won't get you much. Get on with your life and if want to make a point, cancel your MBNA accounts.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">