• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to expect?...depos coming up...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

We have Depositions coming up in less than 2 weeks. We are wondering what to expect from this? We did the written interrogatories a while back.
Now this. Why do they do this? I mean we filled out those papers under penalties and perjery.

Should our attorney have complied written interrogatories too for the other party? Will the other party be present at the depositions?

Also, our attorney told us that this is where they other side will see whether they want to take it to trail or not and usually they will try to settle this if not right at the deposition then shortly after. Is this true?

We were rear ended in 2002. The other guy was sighted and ticketed. My husband was driving, I was in front passenger seat. He hit us with enough force (we were stopped waiting to turn) that it blew all side windows in our mini-van OUT, not one shred of glass was in our vehicle. Threw the van forward about 100 feet. Took in a good 2 foot of his full-size, extended cap, pick-up. Our pictures show it all!

we are not out to get rich or anything but just wanting to get this over without trial. We don't understand why they haven't attempted to settle this yet.

So, any suggestions on the deposition? And if our attorney shoudl have had interrogatories for the other guy to answer?

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">