• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens Next with Insurance Co???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txtreasure

What is the name of your state? Texas

My son was a passenger in a vehicle and was injured, When the driver a unlicensed driver hit a tree, It was his grandfathers car, My son had on going medical treatment and I retained an attorney since then which was over 2 years ago, The attorney has gotten money from my PIP and the insurance company made an offer but the attorney didnt tell us about it since it would barley cover his medical expenses, So we filed Suit in July 04 they couldnt serve the driver with notice so the judge okd to post it on his door at his residence Now the attorney office is telling me the Insurance company has 20 days to respond?? at which case respond with what? And I am told if they dont respond by the deadline they will enter a judgement against the insurance company??? Which will do what? In Tx I know the min liablity is 20 that you can carry So wondering what is next and why cant we have the PIP that the attorney collected from my insurance? This was a one vehicle accident my son was the only one hurt in the accident....
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">