• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens to the uninsured motorist???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Update: She didn't attend court....so she has a warrant for her arrest. Today I find out the shady lady that hit me 11/29/05 didn't have insurance :mad: Well I have UM on my policy. After I make my claim thru my carrier......will they sue her for what they paid me??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the story below:

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GA

I most have the crappiest luck ever....I was involved in another car accident on 11/29/05. My bf and I were on the way to work that morning. As we were going thru the intersection this lady ran the light (blatantly late)and hit the driver's front side. She received a ticket for running the red light. She gave the policeman the wrong insurance company...my insurance company found out her real one thru her VIN. Fast forward to now....she never reported the accident to her insurance company....she won't answer the calls or letters from my insurance company or her own. So now her insurance company won't accept liability b/c they haven't spoken with her. Can they not accept liability since she got the ticket?? Since my insurance company is now picking up the tab...will my rates go up?

I plan to go to court on 12/21/05 to make sure she doesn't dispute the ticket b/c she's been very shady so far.

I swear people in Atlanta can't drive.....you won't believe some of the stuff I see on the road daily!!!!!!

Thanks for taking to the time out to read.

Thanks. This whole scenario is crazy. I wonder why it took the insurance company so long to advise that she wasn't insured at the time of accident.

The insurance company faxed a letter to my attorney stating this......but the adjuster handling the case is still trying to contact my witness. Why she took so long to contact her is beyond me b/c that was the 1st piece of info I gave the adjuster when I opened my claim.

stephenk

jpritchett81 said:
Thanks. This whole scenario is crazy. I wonder why it took the insurance company so long to advise that she wasn't insured at the time of accident.

The insurance company faxed a letter to my attorney stating this......but the adjuster handling the case is still trying to contact my witness. Why she took so long to contact her is beyond me b/c that was the 1st piece of info I gave the adjuster when I opened my claim.

Sometimes a coverage issue takes time to resolve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">