• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What If?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Billy Johnson

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

okay i need help! lets say jack doe has been mugged,mugger runs off, jack doe runs after him, but mugger jumped into a cab pointing a 9mm gun to the head of the driver, demanding him to drive. he slammed on the brakes(still in drive) and jumped out, mugger also jumped out, and the car traveled on, injuring mrs. moe. she sued claiming the driver was negligent in jumping to his safety and leaving the vechile uncontrolled.

question-is there a place for the issue of contributory negligence, comparative negligence, last clear chance, assumption of a known risk, negeligence per se or res ipsa loquitur?

thank you!
i tried to be as brief as possible

H

hexeliebe

We don't do homework. That's why you're in school. To learn.

B

Billy Johnson

I know you needed help one time in your life at some point.
Basically you probably didn't know the answer anyway!
THANKS FOR NOTHING! Have a Blessed Day!

H

hexeliebe

Sure I did billy boy, especially in Constitutional Case Law. And you know where I found it? I Opened a damn book.

HomeGuru

Billy Johnson said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

okay i need help! lets say jack doe has been mugged,mugger runs off, jack doe runs after him, but mugger jumped into a cab pointing a 9mm gun to the head of the driver, demanding him to drive. he slammed on the brakes(still in drive) and jumped out, mugger also jumped out, and the car traveled on, injuring mrs. moe. she sued claiming the driver was negligent in jumping to his safety and leaving the vechile uncontrolled.

question-is there a place for the issue of contributory negligence, comparative negligence, last clear chance, assumption of a known risk, negeligence per se or res ipsa loquitur?

thank you!
i tried to be as brief as possible
**A: as to the issues of contributory and comparative negligence one would have to weigh the facts and conclusions of law as to the driver's motive to abandon the vehicle while still in drive gear. It could be presumed that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">