• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What kind of claim should I file?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christole

I live in Ohio.
I have been negotiating directly with an insurance company about a "personal injury" auto accident.
Today the Statute of Limitations has run its course, and, I must file a lawsuit in order to preserve my rights if I cannot come to an agreeement with the insurance company, as far as the "value" of the claim is concerned.
All along I have been presenting a "personal injury" claim to them, however, my chiropractor has vanished, and I can not get any records of my visits to him, likewise, I paid him in cash...so I have no paper trail either.
Yesterday, in a phone call with my insurance company, they asked me if my claim was a "personal injury" claim. I said, "yes." After I said yes, their counter offer to me did not change.
Am I mistaken, or did I pick up on something correctly; I think that the adjuster was hinting that if my claim were NOT a "personal injury" claim, I could be entitled to a claim that had a much greater value.
Could you give me advice, please keep in mind that the police report makes their insured 100% liable, and the insurance company admits total liability. Their insured was ticketed for driving through a red light and hitting my vehicle after a Super Bowl Game party two years ago. Their insured was not cited for intoxication, only going through a red light.
Thank you for your help in this matter.
Sincerely,
C.

H

hexeliebe

Today the Statute of Limitations has run its course,
And guess what? The insurance company knew it would if it could keep you "negotiating" long enough.

So, when are you finally going to realize that you are not going to do anything alone and hire a PI attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">