• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights as the victim of an accident in Wisconsin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hun20

In Wisconsin: on 12-29-00 I was hit on the passanger side of my car, by a man making an illegal right turn. He was ticketed and I was assured that the accident was 100% his fault. So what exactly are my rights in being compensated for the $4,600 damage done to my car. I do hold a lein on my vehicle. And do not have time to be without a car right now. I would like to insurance to make their compensation check payable to me, instead of to the auto repair shop of my choice.
I am leaving town for school in 2 weeks and I don't want the chance of being without a car. I would like to get my money for the damages to my car though.
If anyone knows the legality of dispursment of compensation to a not-at-fault party please let me know. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">