• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is my statute of limitations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlm001

What is the name of your state? Pa

On December 20, 2005, while changing lanes at a light, I clipped the back left corner of a pickup truck with my right side view mirror. I gave them our insurance info, also indicating that I would possibly pay for damage directly. They later gave me two estimates, then contacted their/our insurance cos, I gave them all info requested, now have not heard from them since. Is there a statute of limitations that applies to this, and if so, what is it? Thank you very much!

mlm001

I don't believe so, I would have had to pay my $1000 deductible, and no doubt my rates would have increased..

ecmst12

Wrong. Your deductible applies to COLLISION coverage only - damage to your auto. LIABILITY coverage has no deductible (damage to someone else's car). And it sounds like the damage was minor. In PA, they can only surcharge your rates if they pay out more then $1100 due to an at fault accident. Most likely this claim was less then that. Call your insurance company and ask them if they ever paid anything out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">