• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dollyrocker98

What is the name of your state? Maryland.......My brother had just driven through an intersection (on a green light) when he was rear-ended so hard it caused him to rear-end the car that was moving along in front of him. All of the occupants of the car that rear-ended my brother got out and fled the scene immediately after the accident---all were eventually apprehended. There were several witnesses to the accident and ALL have told the police the accident was NOT my brother's fault. However, because all of the occupants of the vehicle got out and fled, and none of the witnesses can state with certainty WHO was driving........the insurance co. (the car that rear-ended my brother was covered by insurance) is balking at paying anything other then the bare minimum. The car my brother was driving, a 3 year old Honda Accord, was totalled. About 10 months ago my brother was involved in a serious head-on car accident (the OTHER driver was charged) that required major orthopedic surgery twice, with a third surgery scheduled in two more months. This recent accident has aggravated the previous injuries and complicated the situation. Suggestions? Might not sound like it.....but my brother is one FANTASTIC driver. He learned to handle a car on the Porsche Club of America autocross circuit years ago and I'd feel safe with him as my driver ANY where and ANY time!

D

dollyrocker98

What's next?

The car that rear-ended my brother was insured. The insurance co. is balking at paying anything but the bare bones minimum because no one has been able to prove which one of the four people in the car was behind the wheel at the time of the accident. This accident happened three months ago and it seems like the insurance co. would just prefer to forget that it ever happened. What should my brother do now, start looking for a good attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">