• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What next???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommy569

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was traveling south bound and a car came out of a gas station on the other side of the road and made a left turn in front of me. He crossed a double yellow line in the process. There was a lot of traffic coming northbound and he came out from between the cars and although I hit my brakes and tried to swerve there was nothing I could do. My entire family was in the van as we were leaving on a trip to VA for Thanksgiving. The State Troopers were going to ticket him by mail, I would assume for crossing the double yellow. My problem is I now have only a car that seats 4 (honda civic) which will not fit my family. No way to get my children back and forth to school etc. I also drive my husband to his car pool for work since he does not drive. I reported it to my insurance, what should I do next?

HomeGuru

mommy569 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was traveling south bound and a car came out of a gas station on the other side of the road and made a left turn in front of me. He crossed a double yellow line in the process. There was a lot of traffic coming northbound and he came out from between the cars and although I hit my brakes and tried to swerve there was nothing I could do. My entire family was in the van as we were leaving on a trip to VA for Thanksgiving. The State Troopers were going to ticket him by mail, I would assume for crossing the double yellow. My problem is I now have only a car that seats 4 (honda civic) which will not fit my family. No way to get my children back and forth to school etc. I also drive my husband to his car pool for work since he does not drive. I reported it to my insurance, what should I do next?
**A: buy or rent a larger used car and follow up daily with your insurance agent.

mommy569

If I were able to rent a car I would but at the moment I am closing on a house and can not afford to lay out the money. I guess we will just be staying home for a while. A friend reccomended a lawyer so I will be calling him on Monday. I do not have rental insurance so I am guessing I am just screwed there. As it is it is going to cost me about $150 to replace the car seats (3 of them) with seats that are comparable to what I had. Again money I do not have to lay out.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">