• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the normal amount awarded for pain and suffering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blau

What is the name of your state? CA

What is the normal amount awarded for pain and suffering. My mother was involved in an accident. She is 50+ years old. Her medical bills was about $2000. Soft tissue injury. The accident accured in Oalkand, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I heard it is about 3 times medical. Would that be about right.

thanks

blau

racer72

There is no way for anyone on this forum can tell you how much you should receive. We do not know all the factors involved such as your life style, income, criminal backround, and a lot of other things that can be used to make a determination. 2 persons involved in the same type of situation will have different requirements, one may be happy with a few thousand dollars, to the other person a million dollars won't be enough. I am one of those that feel that excessive claims for pain and suffering is one of the reasons I pay so darn much for my own insurance even though I have a perfect driving record and have never made any claims. Some day I might be involved in an accident and may change my mind, maybe not. The amount your mother should ask for can only be determined by her and her lawyer, if she has one. But there is no multiplier that can be used and no one here can give anyone an exact amount to ask for. The real question is, how much is the pain and suffering worth to your mother? Only she can anwer that question.

And the amount I came up with in my first post? That is how much cash I had on me when I answered the question. Normally I don't have near that much on me, your mother got lucky. Most folks that as the same question get less than $20.

M

missy1234

REPLY TO BLAU

I FOUND THIS BOOK BY DOING RESEARCH ONLINE. THIS BOOK IS AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE AND WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR QUESTION. IT ALSO HAS A FORMULA TO USE TO SEE HOW MUCH YOUR CASE IS WORTH. VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION FOR THE PRICE. LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU. FOR THE BOOK AND INFORMATION ON THE BOOK, GO TO WWW.AUTOACCIDENTCLAIMS.COM. GO TO THE TOP AND CLICK ON ORDER THE BOOK. THE BOOK IS BY DAN BALDYGA. YOU CAN TELL THEM THAT KIM ISAAC FROM VA REFERRED YOU. LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. GOD'S BLESSING.

H

hkolln

Why not contact an attorney and ask them? I was in an auto accident many years ago and got hurt, my attorney didn't need any money up front until we settled...my physical therapy was about as much as your Mom's...and I got 8000.00 for pain and suffering.

Every case is different and don't go out and buy a book about it...it's free for a consultation with an attorney!

B

barbizon

Figure 1 - 5X the total of medical bills. 5x is for those who are SO totally injured, to me does not sound like your mother. Depending..I would go 1-3X total medical.

How much pain was she in..how much PT did she have to get to be whole again...etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide..I am fighting this too for me.

Unfortunately..soft tissue injury is not considered a "true injury" to some..they like to see broken bones and lacerations..something that shows up on an xray..

but, some soft tissue/compressed disc injury is worse than a broken bone! Ask the PT abt that, they will agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">