• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are options if vehicle is "total loss" per insurance co.??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

let me answer that in a different way

you own a car, it is wrecked. What are your options.
There are people in most cities that will tow it away, free of charge.
Post it on craigslist.
post individual parts on craigslist, such as the motor
buy a parts car and pay someone to switch and swap, make two into one
I think the insurance companies sell totaled cars back to you for a certain percentage of the settlement. So you may be able to tell the insurance company you do not wish to buy it, and make them tow it off. However, my experience with insurance companies is very limited. A more senior member will be along shortly to clairify the matter.

ecmst12

What kind of options are you talking about? You don't have much choice in the matter, if your car is totalled, it's totalled.

mike1180

you own a car, it is wrecked. What are your options.
There are people in most cities that will tow it away, free of charge.
Post it on craigslist.
post individual parts on craigslist, such as the motor
buy a parts car and pay someone to switch and swap, make two into one
I think the insurance companies sell totaled cars back to you for a certain percentage of the settlement. So you may be able to tell the insurance company you do not wish to buy it, and make them tow it off. However, my experience with insurance companies is very limited. A more senior member will be along shortly to clairify the matter.
Thanks, Actually the car was operable (ran) but it is a 1992 Dodge Dakota. I may get with a local Body shop to see what it takes. The insurance Co. felt repair was more than the truck is worth

ecmst12

Someone could sneeze on that car and it would be a total loss. It's only worth about $50. You are not going to be able to stop them from totalling it but if you really want to keep it, that can be arranged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">