• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What percentage of damage is considered totaled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tyler

4 days ago my wife was hit head-on by an uninsured motorist. our insurance company looked at the car and said it will cost $8,000 to repair. I reviewed the estimate, the replacement parts will be reconditioned parts and the car will only be half painted with the paint blended to match. the trade-in value of the car is supposed to be $12k. we have called the area dealerships and tried to apply the $8k plus the damaged car toward a newer same make/model car and they are not interested due to the amount of damage. At what point should the car be considered totaled? We have full coverage insurance, what can we do to push the insurance company to properly restore or replace our car? Thank you for your time and any sugestions!!!

In most states a car is considered a total loss when the damage reaches or exceeds 80% of the cars actual cash value (ACV).

You can file a complaint with your states insurance commissioner.

T

Tyler

thank you

thanks Juan for the information. I will check out the percentage for Wisc..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">