• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the Price I Will Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wyomingvoices

What is the Price She Will Pay

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

My niece borrowed a friend's car to go to the store. She was coming up to a red light and put on the breaks but they did not work. She went through the red light was involved in an accident. She told the officer that the breaks did not work. The officer asked her for her license and proof of insurance but the insurance card showed that the insurance had expired. The officer gave her a ticket for no insurance and not stopping at the light. Who is the one responsible, her or the owner of the car?

Last edited:

C

coosi

Why did you ask what price you would pay?

IMO when your niece got behind the wheel, she was responsible for the car having insurance, and assumed liability.

That's what the emergency brake is for, for goodness sake!

W

wyomingvoices

I ment to type she! She did open the glove box and seen the insurance card but did not look at the dates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">