• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should happen to whom?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DCBass101

This occured in Tomball, Texas. My friend Jesse was leaving my house at night but her Jeep was blocked in. We informed my brothers friends who had blocked her to move their vehicles. When one of them was moved, she backed out thinking that she was clear but ended up hitting the front of a pickup truck that she didn't see. The owner of the truck (Ryan) came out and immediately went to see if his truck was alright. Jesse started to cry because she didn't want another ticket for an accident. Ryan, who was very high on some form of drug, looked it over for a couple of minutes and told her she could go home and not to worry about the truck. So she left. Now, two days later, my brother tells me that Ryan needs Jesse's home info and insurance info because if he doesn't get it settled, he will sue her for hit & run. Should she be held responsible because she hit him and left without giving any information or should he be left with the damage because he was too stoned to call the police and told her that she was allowed to leave?

stephenk

She is liable for the damage to the truck. She should report the accident to her insurance company so they can get hold of the truck owner.

She wont be charged with hit and run or any other crime since the accident happened on private property and Ryan told her she could leave.

Tomball is near Fredsass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">