• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do about the ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bsemeyn

Michigan
I was in an accident last week, and I was given a citation for failing to yeild in an intersection. It was a weird intersection where I was trying to make a left hand turn. I was in a honda civic, and there was a SUV in on coming traffic turning left. The road behind the SUV curves causing a blind spot. I was in the intersection when the light turned yellow, and because of the angle of the intersection I really couldn't back up but only complete the turn. So I waited until I thought the traffic was clear and started to make my turn. When a car came from the blind spot and we colided. The roads were snow covered and slippery, and neither driver or the witnesses could tell if the light was in fact amber or red. I was the only one to get a ticket and was wondering if it would be worth trying to fight or not. Any input would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you,
Ben

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">