• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to sue 4?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?MD

I was hit by a person who was driving their employer's car (rental car company). I suffered a c2 fracture while 7 months pregnant, my car was totaled, but my kids came out without a scratch on them. How much should I sue for? I'm in physical therapy for my neck and will probably have to do physical therapy for my fibromyalgia which has worsened since the accident. Any helpful comments will sincerely be appreciated. Thanks!

S

shell007

Sugarbaby1977 said:

I was hit by a person who was driving their employer's car (rental car company). I suffered a c2 fracture while 7 months pregnant, my car was totaled, but my kids came out without a scratch on them. How much should I sue for? I'm in physical therapy for my neck and will probably have to do physical therapy for my fibromyalgia which has worsened since the accident. Any helpful comments will sincerely be appreciated. Thanks!
When did the accident occur?
Do you have a PI attorney representing you?

Glad to hear your children are fine, and that you are alive and getting better!
:) Sounds like it was a pretty bad accident.

T

Trucking Mad

No determination

Sugarbaby1977 said:

How much you could sue for wouldn't be determined here. By reading your post it appears to be a terrible accident. I having had an similar experience went to a good accident attorney team and they directed me as to what to do and achieved an sizeable settlement. I would advise the same for you and follow the instructions of your attorney. :cool:

goodgrief

Definitely get an attorney. DO NOT stop physical therapy unless you are sure there is NO more pain. That will hurt your case tremendously. Don't rush or allow your attorney to. Physical injury claims take time...and for good reason. You don't want to settle too soon, then have other complications arise.

From experience I can tell you that this is a long drawn out process especially if there is physical therapy involved. You'll be able to settle on your property damage quickly, but for your sake don't look to settle quickly on the injuries.

Good Luck to you.

The accident was 6/27/05. I do have an attorney. I did get the money for the loss property, but my car was worth more than what they gave me. I just recieved an advertisement from a law office saying the other guy filed suit on 11/16/05 for $25,000. I plan on continuing therapy for as long as it takes. My grandmother mentioned something about disability through the other parties insurance company, does anyone know about this? Thank you all for your responses!

DGO1223

You said you were hit by another person, were they ticketed and fined? Just wondering why the other party is filing against your insurance for 25K. Did you have surgery for the fracture?

I understand this was a company involved, if it came to it, you could go after their assets, unless they had considerable coverage. Do you know what their policy limits are? Do you have UM?

There are lots and lots of variables here. Did you ask your lawyer what you may be asking for settlement yet, (ballpark figure), considering your circumstances? Did he say what he thought your chances of having to go court would be to settle this?

Your lawyer should be answering all these questions for you, I hope you are asking them!

As another poster said, regardless, be prepared for a long process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">