• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats Fair Compenstation in Washington State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jen65

Whats Fair Compensation In Washington State

My son (6) was hit by a car. It has been almost a year ago and most of his injuries have healed. The only exception is his left pinky finger which was broken, re-broken by his doctor, been put through two months three times per week of therapy and still totally non-functioning. His doctor now wants to try surgery, which has a 50/50 chance of making it a little bit better or totally worse. He stated that no matter what we do, it will never be 100% corrected. By the way, he is left handed. My question is, when the insurance company offers him a settlement....how do I know what is fair? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Jen

racer72

Most insurance companies use a formulary to determine reasonable compensation. There is a percentage given to each body part and the age of the victim. My brother lost his pinky and part of his ring finger on his right hand in an accident and did not receive much as far as compensation. And he is right handed. The loss of 1 or 2 digits is not considered to be a disability in Washington. Unless your son is a music prodigy or you can prove his quality of life and earning potential will be greatly affected, don't expect a whole lot. You need to consult with a personal injury attorney to see how best to handle and maximize your claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">