• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats my repercussion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamie719

What is the name of your state? I am in California, my husband while driving the car registered in my name only hit a tree. Totaled the car. I thought my insurance was going to cover it. I have been waiting for a month for the insurance company to finalize the claim. They finally call stating I was cancelled earlier that same day so they are not covering the car nor the storage. I have a couple issues. 1. they took over a month to discover this information shouldn't they be responsible for any of the $800 bill for the storage yard? And 2. What is the repercussion I will have from the DMV when I notify them of this information. I was not the driver of an uninsured car but I am the owner of the uninsured car? and 3. After spending the better part of a day at the DMV website I see that a report with them needed to be filed? I have a police report filed but not a DMV report what now????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">