• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where is my car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

supatrupe

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Here is the deal. My girlfriend took my car to work.
When she got off work it was gone.
So far I have talked to police and insurance company.
Police say they'll look, o.k.
The insurance company on the other hand are no help.
I'm in the military and I am currently in-route to Georgia. So basically I need a car. I asked the insurance company what they will do for me. $15/ day because I don't have rental reimbursement coverage, o.k. Well I then asked them how and when I would receive payment. Here is my big concern, they said they will only pay me if I rent a car and only if I rent it through enterprise, and in my policy letter they don't specify any company or that the company will be at their choice. Can they do this?? Or can the person who has borrowed me their car collect this $$?

Also, can the items that are not mounted in the car automatically be not covered?

And finaly I've heard that some states require insurance companies to automatically owe policy holders some kind of inconvienence money or something like here is a little something to get you buy until your car is fixed, found or payed for.:confused:

R

reddenbakker

uh military boi.....

This is why you dont have a poor girl friend, if she has a job why doesnt SHE have her own car?

Do you have a joint checking account to prove she is your girlfriend?

Is it a new or expensive car? The insurance company has a right to be suspicious of you and her. Did her ex hubby or boyfriend steal it?

This is important what kind of a job did she have and what hours did she work?

stephenk

the reason they told you to go to Enterprise is because they already have a billing arrangement with them. You could probably get a decent car because of the arrangement. If you go to another rental agency you will have to pay upfront and get a piece of **** for $15/day.

If you "rent" a car from a friend instead, put the agreement in writing and specify that you are going to pay him/her $15/day for the rental. your carrier is not going to pay more than that per day since that is what your policy covers.

Personal items in your car are typically not covered by your auto policy but under a homeowner's policy or personal property policy you would have for specific items, example - computer, jewelry, clothing.

S

supatrupe

here is the deal

All right, maybe I should have been more specific on the details.
My girlfriend has moved to AZ from MN and has only been there a couple of months. There are no ex's involved. She was working at Hooters and I was taking her vehicle to change oil before we started driving to GA.
She normaly worked from 3-11pm and no we don't have a joint checking acct. I drove a '97 Chrysler Cirrus I mean come on it wasn't that nice.
And as far as a rental car goes I'm not about to waste money out of my pocket when we can drive to GA together but shouldn't I or she be entitled to the $15/day???

stephenk

if you dont rent a car your insurance carrier is not going to pay you the rental money under your policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">