• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whiplashed over 3 years ago and still waiting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwgates

ArialWhat is the name of your state?Illinois On Aug. 29, 2003 I was rear-ended on the freeway. My car was totalled and I was injuried. I Had Two Major surguries to repair two Disks in my neck. I have a lawyer but I am thinking of changing to a new one. The depositions were taken of the other driver and myself. There is not yet a court date because my lawyer did not do it yet.
If I retain a new lawyer would that delay things more?
I will ask for a jury because my Bills have exceeded 200,000. I am sueing the other drivers employer because he was on the clock going to his training class. IT is a major public utility. They have stalled and have fired their lawyer that was on the case.
Will a new lawyer take the case on a contingience?
Do I have to pay them both or do they spilt the 40%?
Do I pay taxes on the entire amount awarded?
Is there a maxium amount that I can receive?
If My doctors testify that my injuries are permanent, will that make a difference to the jury or not?
Thank you in advance for your response.

Lynx 36

Quote: "they had ruptured disk and whiplash.... gezzz go to school and learn to read"

It does not say anywhere in his post he was diagnosed w/ a ruptured disk. It says whiplashed f/ 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">