• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who Can I Sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SHORTYPANTS

What is the name of your state? missouri

i was invovlved in a head on collision which was not my fault. the girl, 17 years old, was driving someone else's car but had permission. As a result I lost my baby (9 months preg) and I have a broken hip still. I have had 2 surgeries already and may be facing another for total hip replacement. I know I have a wrongful death suit. The car was insured for 100/300/50. My hospital bills are already over $100,000 and it is my husbands work insurance that has been paying for everything. They also want some money out of the deal. who can i sue? can i sue the girl that hit me, the owner of the car, her family since she was under age? All of them? She got a careless driving and failure to drive on the right hand side of the road and seatbelt ticket. I got was a bunch of heartache! $100,000 doesn't seem like enough for medical and pain and suffering caused to my family!

tanya

stephenk

you could sue the following people:

1. driver of car;
2. owner of car;
3. parent/s of driver of car if there is issue of negligent entrustment regarding the girl driving a vehicle.

Is the 100/300 policy your own policy or the policy on the other car?

If it is the policy on the other car only you should also try and determine if the driver was covered under an insurance policy through her parents. That policy would also be available to you.

If the total of the two policies is still not sufficient to cover all your damages, you can then make a underinsured motorist claim under your own policy. You must have at least a 100/300 policy on your own car.

Regarding the death of your fetus, I am not sure of your state's law on wrongful death of a fetus.

You should definitely be seeking the advice of a personal injury attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">