• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who has the majority fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luohua

In Wisconsin. I had a car accident last week, this is how it happened:

When I was driving my car heading towards east along University Ave ( main road, and which has two lanes in each direction), I saw a truck crossing University Ave.. I stopped and waited till my lane (the left lane on my side) was clear, then I started driving again. When I was passing the truck from behind, I heard the backing beep of the truck and saw it backing towards Allen St. from my left. Because the truck backed towards me fast, I could not pass it in time. The truck hit my car at the back-left corner.

I believe I have the road priority because i was driving along the main road, and the truck drive should wait for me, but the police officer wrote an accident report and in his opinion, that I have the fault causing this accident because he already start the action to do Y turn, and he has the road priority. So my question is in this case does it mean as long as he started this action then he has absolutely road priority no matter the road condition and he can hit anything behind him. Who has the majority fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">